CargoBeamer gets all your semi-trailers onto the tracks without specific special equipment like biting edges. This means your MEGA trailers, tank, silo and refrigerated trailers can ride on the train, too. Your transport processes can be planned out as you can count on fixed running times. And bans on driving during public holidays, Sundays and during summer holidays are no longer an issue. Trucks in Combined Transport also no longer have to pay road tax.
With CargoBeamer freight forwarders can reduce costs of tolls, fuels or co2-emissions. Additionally CargoBeamer solves the problem of traffic congestion and unpunctual road transports. Our customers’ employees gain a profit too, as drivers can spend their evening at home with their families instead of sleeping at the resting areas near highways.
Significantly increase the capacity of your traction engines. With CargoBeamer, your trailers can be loaded with an extra 4 tonnes, i.e. 44 instead of 40 tonnes total weight. Keep operating your business as before, but with at least double the number of semi-trailers, whereby half of them are on the railway!
As your trailer is attached to the CargoBeamer wagon base just like on a traction engine, frame and legs are protected and, at most, just as loaded as they would be on the road. This means the life of your semi-trailer is at least as long as it would be on the road.
We do not touch your semi-trailer during transport. Everything is carefully documented with images upon entering, leaving and inside the terminal, so that you are kept informed on its condition. Should something happen, your trailer is insured as normal, just as it is on the road.
Being a CargoBeamer Customer provides you with an account allowing access for your company and employees. Before registration we need the following information:
- Street and Building Number
- Post-office box
- Country, Postal Code, City
- Telephone Number
- Value-added Tax Number (VAT)
- Telephone Number
- Cell Phone Number
Alternatively, you can also use our online form to request a quotation.
After Registration, you will receive your personal access data by email. The activation link needs to be accessed within 24 hours in our online booking plattform. Additionally, you provide a personal password.
For booking you use our online platform eLogistics. To execute your order we require the following information:
Information for the Transport of Trailers
- Date of shipment
- Shipping Terminal
- Receiving Terminal
- Gross Load Weight/ Total weight of trailer
- Trailer type (Curtain Sider, Flatbed Truck, Reefer, Semi-trailer, Walking-Floor, Tank Trailer, Silo-trailer, Dumping-trailer, Chassis)
- Trailer Registration Number
- Description of Goods, including Dangerous Goods and Customs
- Seal Number
Information for Delivery and Receiving the Trailer
- Lorry Driver´s Name
- Trucks Registration Number
- Trucking Company
While booking, free capacity will be checked. In case we cannot meet your requirements for your desired transport route; notification will come immediately.
We will answer your email and include a booking confirmation. Included in the confirmation is a Transport Identification Number that must be handed over by the driver when delivering or receiving a trailer.
Customers with large delivery volume
We have a well established XML-Format Interface for customers with large delivery volume. This Interface makes direct communication with the shipping company´s system.Through this integration of the Interface; available booking data can be viewed.
When booking, the transport fee is due, except when another agreement has been made. Payment can be made in advance/ account in credit, bank transfer or SEPA-Company Direct Debit. Using CargoBeamer regularly, will allow you the opportunity to make a framework agreement for freight and other contractual claims which have arisen in connection with the use of services, and extended terms of payment. Once the necessary guarantees are established in the form of a credit insurance or bank guarantee, a collaboration to send invoices can be finalised.
All craneable, non-craneable, Standard, MEGA, Reefer, Silo, and Sliding-floor trailers that meet local traffic laws; including the following listed additional conditions, are transportable:
- Semi-trailers require no codification UIC596
- A valid EU vehicle permit and authority approved licence number
- Loading unit must meet local laws in regards to traffic safety (wheels, awning covering, support legs, brake lights, etc.)
- Semi-trailers must be equipped with retractable pneumatic suspension
- For no codification trailers with an awning: The awning must have a load safety certificate (EN 12642 Code XL)
- Total height, maximum, lowered pneumatic suspension 4.0m
- Total width, maximum 2.6m
- Total weight, maximum 44 t
- Maximum axle load 9t
- Maximum bearing strength of the Kingpin 12t
- The BAG (German Ministry for Freight Transport) publishes a valid set of regulations for load safety that must be followed and complied with, especially §22 Abs. 1 STVO and the VDI-Guideline 2700 “Load Safety”
- Doors and all awnings must be closed according to specification.
- A loading unit with a wrap around awning super structure must be sealed and the draw tube must be secured in its mounting bracket.
- All tension belts must be closed securely.A damaged, although secure tension belt, can be accepted if both ends have a provisional secure closure. However, both ends are not allowed next to the lock bar. The provisional secured closure needs to be connected to the apparatus, show no signs of bending and run parallel to the Eckholm.
- The crank handle for elevating the support legs must be attached to the loading unit.
Yes, CargoBeamer undertakes transport of semi-trailers with dangerous goods that are pursuant to the European Convention involving the international transport of dangerous goods on motorways and railways (ADR/RID). Excluded from transport are the following classes:
- 1-Explosives and objects containing explosive material
Dangerous goods are able to be delivered and picked up on arrival and departure days respectively due to terminals not being able to store the goods.
Identification of the semi-trailer
Since 01.01.2011 the RID has required that semi-trailers transporting dangerous goods need to be either identified (18.104.22.168.3 RID) front and back with orange coloured warning signs or along both sides with appropriate large notices (posters).
In accordance with ADR/RID 5.4, the following information shall be given to the CT operators either during booking or at latest when delivering the unit to the terminal.
Provisions for all classes
- The identification number of the hazard must precede the UN code when goods are transported in tank-containers, portable tanks, MEGCs and containers for carriage in bulk (only RID).
- The goods’ UN number should be preceded by the letters “UN”.
- The proper shipping name should be specified and, where appropriate, completed by its technical name in brackets (special provisions (SP) 61 and 27).
- Where appropriate completed with information foreseen by complementary special provisions (for example 640, 645, …).
- Except for class 7, the number of the hazard label template mentioned in column 5 of table 3.2.A or where appropriate according to the SP of the column 6. Where several numbers of labels are given, the numbers which follow the first one must be indicated in brackets. If there is no corresponding label template, the class must be inserted.
- If relevant, the packing group attributed to the substance may be preceded by the letters “PG”.
- If a substance meets the classification criteria of 22.214.171.124.10, the transport document must additionally contain the words “ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE”. This special provision shall not be applied for UN 3077 and 3082 neither for exemptions foreseen in 126.96.36.199.1.
- A declaration in conformity with the provisions of a particular agreement.
- For the transport of packages: the number and description of the packages, the total quantity of each substance should be characterized by its UN number, its proper shipping name and packing group(expressed in volume, gross or net weight as the case may be). The total weight of the dangerous goods must be mentioned in kg.
- Limited quantity: indication of the gross weight.
Additional provisions for class 1
- The Classification Code specified in column 3b of table A and, where appropriate, followed in brackets by the number of the label template other than 1, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6.
- The total net mass of the explosive goods in kg. In case of a complete load, addition of the number of packages and the mass in kg of each package.
Additional provisions for class 2 (188.8.131.52.2d RID)
In the case of portable tanks and tank-containers containing deeply refrigerated liquefied gases, the consignor shall enter in the consignment note: “THE TANK IS GUARANTEED AS INSULATED IN ORDER THAT THE VALVES CANNOT OPEN BEFORE [DATE]”.
Additional provisions for transport including a maritime trip
For transport of an ITU preceding or following a maritime journey, where appropriate, the “specific provisions”: “TRANSPORT ACCORDING TO 184.108.40.206.1” shall be added in the transport document.
Additional provisions for waste transport
The proper shipping name shall be preceded by the word “WASTE”, unless this term is part of the proper shipping name (220.127.116.11.3).
Additional provisions for uncleaned empty ITUs and packages
For empty means of containment other than class 7 and for gas recipients with a capacity of more than 1000 l, the words “EMPTY, UNCLEANED” shall be indicated (18.104.22.168.6.1). For empty packagings other than class 7, including receptacles for gases with a capacity of not more than 1000 litres, the goods’ declaration must include the type of package followed by “EMPTY” (22.214.171.124.6.2.1).
Additional provisions for cooling or conditioning substances (ADR/RID 126.96.36.199.1)
During the carriage of containers that have been cooled or conditioned, the UN number preceded by the UN letters followed by the name indicated in Column (2) of Table A of Chapter 3.2 followed by the words “AS COOLANT” or “AS CONDITIONER” shall be indicated in the transport document. For example: “UN 1845, CARBON DIOXIDE, SOLID, AS COOLANT”.
Additional provisions for environmentally hazardous substances
When a substance belonging to one of classes 1 to 9 meets the classification criteria of 188.8.131.52.10, the transport document shall bear the additional inscription “ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS” or “MARINE POLLUTANT / ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS”. This additional requirement does not apply to UN Nos. 3077 and 3082 or for the exceptions listed in 184.108.40.206.1. The inscription “MARINE POLLUTANT” instead of “ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS” is acceptable for carriage in a transport chain including maritime carriage.
Source: UIRR Gefahrgutinfo 2013
Most waste can also be carried by rail in combined transport. In doing so, waste regulations and – if the waste is classified as dangerous goods- the dangerous goods regulations have to be adhered to as well.
With the rearrangement of the recycling economy and waste legislation (KrWG) from 01.06.2012, all collectors, transporters, dealers, and brokers of rubbish have the responsibility before starting their operation to report their function to the local authorities. The new KrWG differentiates only between the hazardousness of the waste. In Germany, no waste can be transported without it being reported or permitted.
Traceability of waste- SISTRI
The implementation of SISTRI for obligated parties has been newly defined several times. SISTRI is obligatory for the following parties:
- Corporations and organizations with more than 10 employees, original producers of dangerous special waste involving the following operations:
- Agriculture and Agroindustry, professional fisheries and aquaculture
- Demolition, construction, and earth moving professions
- Industrial manufacturing
- Skilled manual manufacturing
- Trade professions
- Service professions
- Sanitation services
- Corporations and organizations, original producers of dangerous special waste, where the waste is temporarily stored.
- Corporations and organizations, that commercially transport dangerous special waste, including foreign freighters, that are active in Italian territory.
- Corporations and organizations, that handle with dangerous household and special waste, salvage, dispose, deal or conciliate, including „new generators“, that handle or create hazardous waste.
- Situations involving Intermodal-Transport, every participant, whether the dangerous special waste from ship- or rail or other transport organizations that are entrusted.
Producers, managers, intermediaries and dealers of rubbish, other than the aforementioned, can free willingly join SISTRI.
Source: chamber of commerce Bozen
The handover of the semi-trailer guarantees the customer that the loaded goods are within the guidelines for safe transport in combined transport.
The term „secure“ is to be understood that; the condition of the semi-trailer and their goods are safe for secure transport. Liquids and other goods that have certain temperature requirements need to be on suitable trailers before being transported.
The packaging and the load security must meet ADR/RID regulations. The regulations of ADR paragraph 220.127.116.11 are to be complied with, when the load; according to the Norm EN 12195- 1:2010 (applicable for the interpretation of a different backup method for securing cargo for overland transport by road vehicles or trailers) is being secured. For combined transport with a maritime portion it must meet the IMO/ILO/UNECE regulations for packing and loading of carriage units. Here within, a danger or contamination (content loss, steam leakage, odours) happening due to improperly closed vents/valves must be avoided during transport.
If the trailer does not meet the transport regulations, the defect has to be corrected before the trailer enters the terminal, otherwise, the entry to the terminal will not be allowed. Trailers will only be transferred to the road carrier if the identified carrier followed terminal procedure (1.10 ADR/RID). Furthermore, additional monitoring from the terminal operator can be implemented; especially trailer/ vehicle registration certificates, the ADR vocational training certificate of the driver, and the proof of this in written form in the vehicle.
The shipping price depends on the relation and total weight of the semi-trailer. We can also organize shunting and Last-mile service for you.
In addition, additional charges may apply for services such as storing or hazardous material surcharges, which go beyond the actual transport.
Are you a shipper or carrier, then we will submit you an offer for transportation and ancillary services requested by you.
Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use this online form.
When transporting; before, during, or after the transport, additional charges incurred that are not included in the agreed price of transport, are charged separately.
Semitrailers are not charged one calendar day prior to shipment and one calendar day after arrival of shipment when parked in the terminal. After that, charges are incurred for each calendar day parked. Sundays and public holidays are not counted as parking days.
Semi-trailers with hazardous materials must be delivered or picked up at the dispatch on arrival day.
Order changes are only allowed under certain conditions, for example, after booking the transport or when services are provided in the terminal, a fee is then due. These costs will be charged according to expenditure.
Elimination of Defects in Semi-trailer
If defects are found which prevent the transport, for example, a damaged tarpaulin, or un-locked cargo doors, load shift, missing or inadequate hazardous markings, etc. on the semi-trailer, repairs can be carried out after consultation with you. The incurred costs are passed on.
Dangerous Goods Surcharge
The service provider CargoBeamer and infrastructure managers require supplements for the special effort in the handling of dangerous goods. These supplements are reported separately in the invoice.
If a booked semi-trailer is not delivered to the terminal, or delivered after final loading time the day of shipping, or not at all registered in the CargoBeamer Online Service Portal or transferred, this penalty will be charged. The amount is specified in the tender made by CargoBeamer.
The current location of your trailer can be viewed upon exiting the terminal at any time via the CargoBeamer online portal.
Our transport monitoring and traction partners take care of the smooth running of your transports, informs you pro-actively of irregularities, and is also your direct contact.
In addition, you can request messages such as: semi-trailer arrival in the terminal, train has departed etc. by email.
When delivering your trailer to the terminal, the most important safety criteria and transport policies, will be tested for the secure transport of dangerous goods and waste.
The Terminal Check-in is used for detection and documentation of existing damage or defects of the delivered trailer from the road to make a complete and thorough documentation of damages within the transport chain.
In addition, at the check-in the loading and shipping capacity of the semi-trailer will be examined. The early detection of defects in the semi-trailer make it possible to rectify the problem in time and allow a continued, unobstructed rail transport to the desired destination.
Frequent faults or damage that lead to a transport exclusion:
- Open or inadequately secured doors and covers
- Damage to the customs tags or missing customs seals
- Load shift caused by inadequate cargo securing
- Lack of bretboards for Curtain-sider
In isolated cases, surcharges may be levied, whereby you as a customer will be informed in advance and with the greatest possible transparency in each case.
As of the quarter Q3 / 2022, surcharges will be levied due to increased energy prices, as some of CargoBeamer's service providers pass on these additional costs to us. A corresponding list of surcharges per line can be found here.
Please find our general our general terms and conditions here or attached: